Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's Day

The day before Valentine's Day, Greg took Cameron to run some errands. When they got home, Cameron came running into the house and said "Mommy, we got you flowers!" And Greg says, "Buddy, that was supposed to be a surprise." And he turns to me and says, "Honey, I guess you can have your flowers a day early." So they went back out to the car to get the flowers.
I wish I'd had my camera in my hand when Cameron walked in with them. A little boy carrying a huge bouquet of roses with a big smile on his face is just too precious for words.
I pulled the flowers out of the cellophane and put them in a vase. They brought me joy for nearly a week. There's something about walking into the kitchen and seeing a gorgeous vase of flowers that makes my heart sing.
Cameron also picked out a little M&M figurine (filled with M&M's, of course). He handed it to me, and then said "Mommy? You want to share them with me?"
"Of course, Peanut." :)

No comments: