Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little Swimmer

Over 4th of July weekend, Cameron became pretty brave in the water. He had been swimming only while holding on to Greg or me (usually Greg), and then the weekend before the 4th, he swam with his life jacket and really learned how to balance himself.
But then, on 4th of July weekend, we bought him some water wings, and what do you know?! He was swimming back and forth from my mom to Greg. He suddenly has no fear! It's great, because this means we don't have to be all the way in the water with him any time he wants to go swimming.
Last weekend he and I were at Sunland and I spent most of the time on the edge of the pool, while he swam right in front of me with his friends. It's just a little bit of freedom for me, but it was great to be able to chat and not feel like I had to be in the water all the time.

I'm sure he'll be ready to lose the water wings before we know it!

No comments: