Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's been awhile!

It's amazing how quickly time can go by when you're busy! As many of you know, I've started a new business with Stella & Dot and have been devoting a lot of my 'free' time to that. It's been SO much fun, and I'm really loving it. But it's definitely keeping me busy!

On top of that, we've spent a fair amount of time over at Sunland. Some work, some play. I can't wait until our little cabin is finished! It's going to be so fun to see it come together.

Yesterday we had Cameron's 4th birthday pary! We celebrated early because his birthday falls on Father's Day this year, so we decided to break up the celebration a little bit, and leave next weekend available to go to Sunland. This past week has been busy with baking/decorating cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, cleaning the house, shopping, etc. Thank goodness for my mom and my mother-in-law who both helped out. I appreciate your help more than you know!

And now, a few Cameronisms.....
The other day, Cameron and I met my mom at the party store, as she was going to take him home with her so I could get some cleaning done. Cameron had to go potty, so she took him next door to Barnes & Noble (clean bathrooms, in my experience!) while I finished up at the party store. We decided to get a treat at the cafe while we were there...so we're standing looking at the dessert case, and Cameron says "You've got to be kidding me! They don't have scones!"...Oh my goodness, my mom and I were dying laughing. So we point out a few things that he could have, and he decides on a cookie. Mom and I are still standing looking at the dessert case, and Cameron just walks over to the counter (where the barista was busy doing something else) and says "Excuse me! I would like a cookie with chocolate chips please." His little face could barely see over the counter, yet he's ordering like such an adult! I couldn't believe it. Not only was it cute, but I was proud of him for asserting himself. At that age, I would have been so shy that I would wait for my mom (or my younger sister!) to order for/with me. He's growing before my eyes, and I have to admit, it's bittersweet.

This morning, we were eating breakfast, and I pointed out to Cameron that there were two birdies in our backyard. They were small blackbirds, and were looking for food (hopefully picking up all the leftovers from kids running around with cake in my backyard yesterday afternoon!). Cameron looked out the window and said "Aw, shucks.....they're so cute!" It was the cutest thing. He said it in this sweet little voice, as though he were talking to a puppy or a baby. :)

I'll be back with a recap of the party soon!!

No comments: