Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Teryaki Stir Fry

I made a simple yakisoba stir fry last week, and thought I'd share. I didn't use a recipe...just some veggies I had on hand, chicken breast, and noodles. I thought I had more teryaki sauce than I did, so I ended up making some of my own.


I started out by cooking some cut chicken breast (3 breast halves) in olive oil over medium heat.


While the chicken was cooking, I cut up about a cup each of sugar snap peas (mmmm, one of my favorites!), carrots, and broccoli.




When the chicken was close to being done (fully browned on the outside), I added the veggies to the pan.


I started the teryaki sauce before I started the chicken...it was simmering on the stove (thickening) while I was cooking the chicken and veggies.


I used one package of Yakisoba Noodles that I bought at Costco (there are two packages in this box). The noodles keep for about a month in the fridge, so we'll be having this meal again in a few weeks!


I took the veggies and chicken out of the pan, pulled the noodles apart, and with the pan still over medium heat, I put them in to warm up.


I poured all of the sauce over the noodles...


Added the veggies and chicken back in....
And mixed it all up. Delicious!!











1 comment:

Denise Opsahl said...

This is one of our favorite dinners too!! Love the yakisoba noodles from Costco...although we cheat and use the frozen stir fry veggies from Costco too :) Great pics by the way -- I really need to learn more about my DSLR since I'm still stuck in auto mode.