Monday, October 25, 2010

Delicious, quick, easy dinner

Late Friday afternoon we were heading over to Sunland. While grocery shopping that morning, I was trying to think of something quick and easy to make for dinner when we got there, as I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time before Cameron would reach his boiling point. I knew I had some ground turkey in the freezer, and a little bit of pasta, so I grabbed a jar of vodka sauce and here's how it went:

I started out browning Ground Turkey made by Foster Farms. I added some salt and pepper while it was cooking, along with a bit of Italian seasoning.

When the turkey was cooked all the way through, I added a jar of Vodka Sauce made by Lucini directly to the turkey in the skillet.



While the turkey was browning, I added a box of Barilla's mini penne to a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes. I love this pasta because the size is great for little mouths, and it cooks quickly. Love anything that cooks quickly! :)




I added the cooked pasta to the meat/sauce mixture and stirred until blended. Then it was time to plate it up, and top it with some shredded Tillamook Cheddar.




Easy and delicious, and done in about 20 minutes! That's my kind of meal!

We did some work on the 'house' this weekend so I'll be sharing pictures of that soon, too!

No comments: