Saturday, February 26, 2011

Update on My Health

Hi Friends and Family!

I first need to say a big Thank You to all of you...I cannot believe the outpouring of love and support that has come my way in the last two weeks. It's truly been overwhelming. So many offers of help, meals being brought to us, people babysitting Cameron and allowing me to rest, etc. I couldn't have made it through this without all of you.

I'm happy to report that I'm feeling pretty good. I still have some pain at my incision sites, but that is fairly minimal and the only pain I have. I've got bruises from being poked so many times (blood draws and IVs) but those are fading and aren't really painful.

I've been tired a lot, and get worn out fairly easily. I feel badly that I can't give Cameron the true attention he needs. His behavior is not as good as I'd like it to be...he's testing limits with me because he knows I can't physically discipline him (meaning, if he gets down from the table during mealtime, I can't pick him up to put him back in a chair...or if he's refusing to get out of the bathtub, I can't pick him up and pull him out). So that's been frustrating to me, but I know we'll get back on track soon. He's a good kid, and very sweet. He's often asking me if he can kiss my owies; he wants me to lift up my shirt so he can kiss the incision (bandaid) on my belly button. Such a sweetheart.

My incisions seem to be healing well; they're starting to itch which I know is a good sign. There's been no sign of infection or anything else which is great.

Emotionally, I'm healing as well. It's been quite a rollercoaster to finally be pregnant, find out that I'm carrying twins, go through the surgery, then lose the twins (really triplets, including the ectopic). I feel that I'm dealing with it pretty well, and have a pretty good attitude about it. After all, there's a reason that women miscarry babies--there's something really wrong with the baby. And I wouldn't want that.

Greg has been a wonderful source of strength, love, and encouragement. He's been great about letting me sleep in, helping with Cameron, and doing stuff around the house. He's patient, and allows me to cry. I know I haven't been a joy to be around these last two weeks, but he has been kind and caring through it all.

I have a post-op appointment with my OB on Tuesday...at that time, we'll discuss where to go from here. When I first realized I was losing the twins, I said to Greg "I'm sorry, but I can't go through this again"...I really felt like another pregnancy was not in the cards for me. But now I've changed my mind, and am ready to go for it again. We'll see what the dr says as far as how long we'll need to wait, if we'll need any medical help (since I only have one fallopian tube now), etc.

I'll keep you all posted on what we find out.

Again, thank you all...the flowers, cards, phone calls, text messages, emails, etc have been amazing. So thoughtful and brought me such joy. As funny as it may sound, I honestly feel blessed through this whole thing. Thank you for making me feel that way.

Love to all,
Stef (Greg and Cameron too!)

No comments: