Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quick Health Update

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to post a really quick update on my health...the last time I posted, I said I was going to be going to the dr on Tuesday for my post-op appointment. Several people have kindly checked in with me, asking how that appointment went, and I feel badly that I haven't given a big update so you all know.

The first thing the dr said to me was "You really want to try again, soon, don't you?" and my response, with a smile on my face, was "Yep!" and he, with a jokingly exasperated voice, said "Oh, okay, go ahead." and I was thrilled! He says I'm on deck for what should be a very easy pregnancy, if we can get there. As my recent pregnancy did not require fertility treatments, he thinks I should be able to get pregnant again in the same way, even though I only have one fallopian tube.

Dr. Cook also told me that he's very glad that I went in when I did, as we could have been dealing with a life-threatening situation, had I not listened to my body and gone to the dr right away.

He took a quick peek at my incisions, and they are all healing very well.

I think that's about all there is to report on that....we'll let you know if our 'trying' is successful any time soon!

Oh, and one more thing.....I can't tell you all how much your emails, facebook messages, cards, etc have meant to me. The constant love and support has been wonderfully overwhelming. I'm trying very hard to keep up on the emails and respond to each of you individually...so if you've sent me a message and I haven't responded, please know that it hasn't gone unnoticed. Each of you has had a part in my quick recovery, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for that.

With love,
Stef

No comments: