Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Quick Recipe Drop Off...

On Monday after school, I was trying to find something to do to keep Cameron occupied, since it was rainy and gross outside. I remembered I had this recipe saved in my favorites, and decided it was time to give it a try.

Cameron LOVES granola bars, and loves mini chocolate chips, so I thought these would be a hit.
{via}
As it turns out, they're SUPER quick and easy to make, and he loved helping AND eating! The hardest part is waiting 2 hours for them to set before you can cut into them and eat. I've kept them in an airtight container in my fridge and have enjoyed picking at them for the past few days.

You can view the recipe by clicking on the 'via' link under the photo. Where it calls for '2 total cups of coconut flakes...', I used 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup dark raisins, and 1 cup chopped marcona almonds, because this is what I had in my pantry. I think it worked nicely, though I may increase the dried fruit next time. Give it a try, and let me know what you think! Enjoy!

No comments: